Follow the general installation guide located here
Basic features global options that are going to effect your blog and profile appearance at the same time. These options are located at the top of the Customization page.
- Title – set the title of your blog.
- Description – add a description or about me text.
- Avatar - set the avatar for your blog.
- Background Image – pick a background image for your blog.
- Background Color – choose the background color of your blog (this might not be visible if you set a background image).
- Boxes Color – choose the background color for boxed elements on your blog (navigation bar, description, posts etc.)
- Text Color – select the color for all text on your blog.
- Link Color – select the color for all links on your blog.
- Footer Background – select the background color of your footer.
- Footer Text – select the color for the text in your footer.
- Text Font – change the font type of your blog’s text.
- Blog Width – set the maximum width of your blog.
- Background Type – select how your background image will behave.
- Background Position – choose the position where the background image will start to render.
- Back To Top Button – adds a back to top bottom in the bottom right corner of your blog.
- Sort By Tag – creates a link to custom tags of your choice. Tags must be seperated by comma and cannot include spaces or special characters like apostrophe or quotes. Format is
chicken, pig, cow.
- External X Link – adds a button with icon to the given network to a custom link of your choice, the format is
- Disqus Username – enter your Disqus username e.g.
example, to find out more check How to setup Disqus comments?.
- Google Analytics ID – enter your Google Analytics ID e.g.
UA-00000000-0, to find out more check How to setup Google Analytics?.
- Custom pages – if you create a custom page and enable the option “Show a link to this page” from withing the page editor it will be displayed in the navigation bar under the “Pages” dropdown menu.
- Ask me anything – If you enable the “Ask” from your blog settings – a link to the ask page will be automatically added to the navigation bar. You can change its title and settings from there as well.
- Submissions – If you enable “Submissions” from your blog settings a link to the submit page will be automatically added to the navigation bar. You can change its title and settings from there as well.
- Advanced options – besides all other options it is mandatory to disable the Use default mobile theme option or a generic theme will be rendered on mobile devices instead of Basic.
Credits: JQuery – http://jquery.com, Bootstrap – http://getbootstrap.com, FontAwesome – http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/, Colorbox – http://www.jacklmoore.com/colorbox/, Photoset Grid – https://github.com/stylehatch/photoset-grid
Documentation for Basic v1.1