Follow the general installation guide located here
Gridlock features global options that are going to effect your blog and profile appearance at the same time. These options are located at the top of the Customization page.
- Title – set the title of your blog
- Description – add a description or about me text
- Avatar - set the avatar for your blog
- Avatar Shape – choose between square or circle shaped avatar
- Header Image – Upload custom header image that will be visible when your sidebar is opened. Recommended dimensions for the image are width of 300 pixels and height of 200 pixels.
- Background Image – this option will override the “Background color” option and replace the background color with an image of your choice. A great place to find subtle patterns is subtlepatterns.com
- Background Color – change the background color of your blog
- Title Color – change the color of the title text
- Text Color – change the color of all text
- Link Color – the color of links on your blog
- Link Hover Color – the color of your links when your mouse is over them
- Boxes Background Color – the background color of posts and other elements
- Text Font – change the font of all text
- Title Font – change the font of your blog’s title
- Heading Font – change the font of all heading tags (<h1>, <h2>, <h3>, etc.)
- Quote Font – change the font of Quote posts
- Enable Navbar Home Button – adds “Home” button to the navigation bar
- Enable Navbar Random Button – adds “Random” (post) button to the navigation bar
- Enable Visible Custom Pages – custom pages are usually under the “Pages” submenu, if you enable this option they will show directly in the navigation bar.
- Enable Post Footer Always Visible – by default the post footer is collapsed and has to be manually expanded by the viewer to see the like, reblog, etc. buttons. By enabling this option the post footer will always be visible.
- Enable Black Tumblr Buttons – if you choose a different color scheme where white reblog and like buttons start to melt into the background switch this option ON to change their color to black.
- Enable Infinite Scroll – removes the regular “Prev, 1, 2, 3, Next” and automatically loads the next page of posts
- Enable Infinite Scroll Custom Trigger – adds custom trigger to Infinite Scroll (“Load More”) to load the next page of posts.
Note: Enable Infinite Scroll must be enabled for this feature to work.
- Google Analytics ID – enter your Google Analytics ID e.g.
UA-00000000-0, to find out more check How to setup Google Analytics?
- Custom pages – if you create a custom page and enable the option “Show a link to this page” from withing the page editor it will be displayed in the navigation bar under the “Pages” dropdown menu.
- Ask me anything – If you enable the “Ask” from your blog settings - a link to the ask page will be automatically added to the navigation bar. You can change its title and settings from there as well.
- Submissions – If you enable “Submissions” from your blog settings – a link to the submit page will be automatically added to the navigation bar. You can change its title and settings from there as well.
- Advanced options – besides all other options it is mandatory to disable the Use default mobile theme option or a generic theme will be rendered on mobile devices instead of Gridlock.
Credits: JQuery – http://jquery.com, Infinite Scroll – http://www.infinite-scroll.com, retina.js – http://imulus.github.io/retinajs/, Bootstrap – http://getbootstrap.com, FontAwesome – http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/, Masonry – http://masonry.desandro.com, Colorbox – http://www.jacklmoore.com/colorbox/, slimScroll – http://rocha.la/jQuery-slimScroll
Documentation for Gridlock v1.0