Follow the general installation guide located here
Light features global options that are going to effect your blog and profile appearance at the same time. These options are located at the top of the Customization page.
- Title – set the title of your blog
- Description – add a description or about me text
- Avatar - set the avatar for your blog
- Avatar Shape – choose between square or circle shaped avatar
- Header Image – upload custom header image. The size of the image is 100% the width of the device and scaling from height of 450 pixels on larger screens to 250 pixels on smaller ones. The header image is hidden on permalinks.
- About Image – an image that will appear in your “About” page, for best results upload images with width exactly 660 pixels, height is not important.
- Background Color – change the background color of your blog
- Text Color – change the color of all text
- Link Color – the color of links on your blog
- Link Hover Color – the color of your links when your mouse is over them
- Boxes Color – the background color of posts and other elements
- Text Font – change the font of all text
- Title Font – change the font of your blog’s title
- Quote Font – change the font of Quote posts
- Chat Font – change the font of Chat posts
- Enable Header Image Overlay – this option puts a transparent element (with color equal to the Link Color option) over the header image to help it blend better with the content.
- Enable Visible Custom Pages – custom pages are usually under the “Pages” submenu, if you enable this option they will show directly in the navigation bar.
- Enable Random Button – adds “Random” (post) button to the navigation bar
- Enable More Buttons – adds a “More” (3 vertical dots icon) button containing the archives, RSS and search options.
- Enable Photoset Grid – enabling this option will arrange photoset images in a grid (similar to how you see them on the Dashboard), if disabled the images will be in a horizontal slider showing one at a time.
- Your Name – type in your name or any other information you want to highlight in the header
- Your Occupation – type in your occupation or any other information you want to highlight in the header
- Your Residence – type in your residence or any other information you want to highlight in the header
- Submit Page Rules – add custom rules to your “Submit” page, you can use <ul>, <ol> and <li> HTML tags for better structure
- About Page Title – the title of your “About” page
- Ask Page Info – add custom information like FAQ to your “Ask” page, using basic HTML to structure the text is a good idea.
- Google Analytics ID – enter your Google Analytics ID e.g.
UA-00000000-0, to find out more check How to setup Google Analytics?
- Disqus Username - enter your Disqus username e.g.
example, to find out more check How to setup Disqus comments?
- External Links – adds a button with icon to the given network to a custom link of your choice, the format is
- Custom pages – if you create a custom page and enable the option “Show a link to this page” from withing the page editor it will be displayed in the navigation bar under the “Pages” dropdown menu.
- Ask me anything – If you enable the “Ask” from your blog settings – a link to the ask page will be automatically added to the navigation bar. You can change its title and settings from there as well.
- Submissions – If you enable “Submissions” from your blog settings a link to the submit page will be automatically added to the navigation bar. You can change its title and settings from there as well.
- Advanced options – besides all other options it is mandatory to disable the Use default mobile theme option or a generic theme will be rendered on mobile devices instead of Light.
Credits: JQuery – http://jquery.com, Infinite Scroll – http://www.infinite-scroll.com, retina.js – http://imulus.github.io/retinajs/, Bootstrap – http://getbootstrap.com, FontAwesome – http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/, Masonry – http://masonry.desandro.com, Colorbox – http://www.jacklmoore.com/colorbox/, Photoset Grid – https://github.com/stylehatch/photoset-grid
Documentation for Light v1.3