Follow the general installation guide located here before continuing
By default some settings are disabled, to achieve the looks of the demo blog setup these options:
- Go to your Tumblelog Settings located at http://tumblr.com/settings/blog/
your-blog-nameand enable Ask, Submit and Twitter options
- Enable your slider (enabling the slider will change the way your header looks), spotlight and top boxes and fill the title, description and link options (see bellow on which options are required)
ONEnable Social Buttons and add fill the Social Button Facebook, Social Button Twitter, etc. options
Character features global options that are going to effect your blog and profile appearance at the same time. These options are located at the top of the Customization page:
- Title - set the title of your blog
- Description - add a description or about me text
- Avatar - set the avatar for your blog
- Avatar Shape - set the avatar shape (circle or square)
- Slide 01 Image, Slide 02 Image, Slide 03 Image, Slide 04 Image - select images for different slides - default
none. For best results use images with width of 1920 pixels, height between 400 and 1080 pixels and size less than 1 Mbit.
- Spotlight Image - select image for the spotlight box - default
none. For best results use image with width of 660 pixels and no height limitations.
- Top 01 Image, Top 02 Image, Top 03 Image, Top 04 Image, Top 05 Image - select images for different top elements - default
none. For best results use images with width and height of 40 pixels.
- Accent Color - select the color used for header, footer, links, headings and buttons - default
- Accent Contra Color - select the color used mostly for text inside elements with Accent Color - default
- Title Color - select the color of your blog Title - default
- Background Color - select the background color of your blog - default
- Text Color - select primary text color used mostly in posts and sidebar blocks - default
- Link Hover Color - select the color for links when you put your mouse over them - default
- Title Font - select a font for your blog Title - default
- Heading Font - select a font for all headings on your blog (h1, h2, h3, etc.) including the sidebar titles (Spotlight, Top 5, etc.) - default
- Text Font - select a font for general text on your blog - default
- Quote Font - select a font for quote posts - default
- Sidebar Position - choose between sidebar on the Left or on the Right of the content - default
- Enable Navbar Home Button - choose whether to add Home button to your navigation bar - default
- Enable Navbar Random Button - choose whether to add Random button to your navigation bar - default
- Enable Slider - enable the blog slider - default
- Enable Post Sorting - enable the post sorting dropdown - default
ON. You need to tag your posts with post type tags (text, photo, panorama, photoset, quote, link, chat, video, audio, answer) to maximize the use of this function.
- Enable Post Footer Always Visible - makes post footers always visible eliminating the need to hover a post to see it - default
- Enable Spotlight Box - enable the spotlight box - default
- Enable Top Box - enable the top box - default
- Enable Likes Box - enable a box with your likes - default
OFF. This only works on primary blogs.
- Enable Following Box - enable a box with the people you follow - default
OFF. This only works on primary blogs.
- Enable Social Buttons - choose whether the social buttons will be visible - default
- Enable Post Authors - enable post authors for posts - default
OFF. Useful on group blogs.
- Enable Group Members Box - enable the group member box - default
OFF. This only works on group blogs.
- Slide 01 Title, Slide 02 Title, Slide 03 Title, Slide 04 Title - set the title of different slides e.g.
This is my first slide
- Slide 01 Text, Slide 02 Text, Slide 03 Text, Slide 04 Text - set the text description of different slides
- Slide 01 Link, Slide 02 Link, Slide 03 Link, Slide 04 Link - set the link for each Read More button located underneath slide e.g.
- Post Box Title - set the title showing above your posts e.g.
- Spotlight Box Title - set the title of your spotlight box e.g.
- Spotlight Title - set the title of your spotlight text e.g.
This is awesome
- Spotlight Text - set the text description of your spotlight box
- Spotlight Link - set a link for the Read More button located underneath the spotlight box e.g.
- Top Box Title - the title of your top box e.g.
- Top 01 Title, Top 02 Title, Top 03 Title, Top 04 Title, Top 05 Title - set the different titles of your top 5 list - e.g.
I like this thing a lot
- Top Link - set a link for the Read More button located underneath the top box e.g.
- Likes Box Title - the title of the box showing your latest likes e.g.
Things I Like
- Following Box Title - the title of the box showing people you follow e.g.
Blogs I Follow
- Twitter Box Title - the title of your Twitter box e.g.
- Number Of Tweets - set the number of tweets to be shown on your blog e.g.
- Group Members Box Title - enter the title of your group members box - e.g.
- Social Button Facebook - enter your Facebook username or page name e.g.
- Social Button Twitter - enter your Twitter username e.g.
- Social Button WeHeartIt - enter your WeHeartIt username e.g.
- Social Button Pinterest - enter your Pinterest username e.g.
- Social Button Tumblr Full URL - enter the full URL of your Tumblr blog - e.g.
- Social Button DeviantArt - enter your DeviantArt username - e.g.
- Social Button Flickr - enter your Flickr username - e.g.
- Social Button Dribbble - enter your Dribbble username - e.g.
- Social Button Behance - enter your Behance username - e.g.
- Social Button Twitch - enter your Twitch username - e.g.
- Social Button Steam ID - enter your username - e.g.
- Social Button Website - enter the full URL of your website e.g.
- Social Button eMail - enter your email address e.g.
- Google Analytics ID - enter your Google Analytics ID e.g.
UA-00000000-0, to find out more check How to setup Google Analytics?
- Disqus Username - enter your Disqus username e.g.
example, to find out more check How to setup Disqus comments?
- Ask me anything - If you enable the Ask from your Tumblelog settings a link to the ask page will be automatically added to the navigation bar. You can change its title and settings from there as well.
- Submissions - If you enable Submissions from your Tumblelog settings a link to the submit page will be automatically added to the navigation bar. You can change its title and settings from there as well.
- Custom pages - if you create a custom page and enable the option Show a link to this page from withing the page editor it will be displayed in the navigation bar under the Pages dropdown menu.
- Advanced options - besides all other options it is mandatory to disable the Use default mobile theme option or a generic theme will be rendered on mobile devices instead of Rankster.
Documentation for Rankster v1.2 (changelog)